Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

And just like that another year has gone. It's January again. The past year was one of the best I have ever experienced so far. Every year before 2014 was an utter disappointment, garnished with pain and negativity that outweighed the good times. But I am so excited to say that the good outweighed the bad this past year.

Last new years I made a memory jar. Its purpose was to hold my happiest memories from the year. On the next new years eve I would uncap the jar and re live all of the great moments I experienced. When I finally opened my jar the other night, I was so happy to find the notes I had left myself. One note captured the day I received my college acceptance letter. Another was the hospital wristband I received when I had eye surgery. Another was my ticket for my senior ball.


In 2014 I graduated high school, turned 18, went to a concert I had only ever dreamed of, and experienced my first semester on my own as a college student. These things will never happen to me again and I am so blessed to have experienced them all, filling my year with more light than ever before. 

Looking ahead, I hope to continue the streak of goodness and make 2015 even better than 2014. As cliche as it is, I have a list of resolutions that I would like to focus on in the coming year. I believe that if I center myself on these ideas I will grow as a person and have another amazing story to tell when the year ends.


Here is my list:
1. Be kind. Spreading positivity and love can change someone else as well as yourself. 
2. Involvement. Taking full advantage of college and making an effort to put my best foot forward.
3. More time for creativity. Putting down the phone or turning off the tv every so often and picking up a book, or a pen. Doing these things can be a stress reliever and work your mind.

Here's to 2015! May this year be filled with much love, undying kindness, and an abundance of joy. 

Naomi xx



No comments:

Post a Comment